Silver Angels for the Elderly became a nonprofit organization in October of 2018. We are focused on putting God’s love into action by giving hope, joy, and fellowship to isolated seniors. We hope you too, will want to help show love to our lonely elderly who have given so much to their families, friends and community.
Below are some of the memorable experiences we have sponsored at local rehabilitation and assisted living facilities in Kootenai County:
- Monthly birthday parties where we provided personalized gifts, cards, balloons, and music. In the past year, we have provided gifts to over 160 residents at one facility.
- Created 14 reminisce boards that honor the memories of residents’ lives.
- Christmas parties for 41 residents that featured Santa Claus, gifts to residents and caregivers, henna tattoos, photos, nail polish, and games.
- Christmas card parties at 5 facilities where 39 residents selected and sent cards to caregivers or lost loved ones. This powerful activity helped residents re-engage and revitalize the personal connections they yearn for. We also provided gifts and cookies to make the occasion even more special.
- Easter baskets to 25 isolated seniors which were distributed by Meals on Wheels. Included in the baskets were personal care items, books, games and food.
Our ability to continue providing lonely and isolated seniors with positive, social interactions and experiences is dependent on our volunteers and community of supporters who graciously donate their time and talents to our cause.