to Silver Angels for the Elderly is focused on putting God’s love into action by giving hope, joy, and fellowship to isolated seniors. We became a nonprofit organization in October of 2018. We hope you too, will want to help show love to our lonely elderly who have given so much to their families, friends and community.
Below are some of the memorable experiences we have sponsored at local rehabilitation and assisted living facilities in Kootenai County. Through our benevolent work we were able to:
- Monthly birthday parties where we provided personalized gifts, cards, balloons, and music. Over the years, we have delivered gifts to over 400 residents at 2 local rehabilitation facilities in Coeur d’Alene.
- Created 17 Reminisce boards that honor the memories of residents’ lives.
- Host Christmas parties for 121 residents that featured Santa Claus, gifts to residents and caregivers, carolers, knitted items, homemade cookies, photos with Santa and games.
- Delivered over 275 gift certificates to staff and caregivers at Christmas as well as 443 gifts to all residents at 2 facilities in 2020 & 2021.
- Organize Christmas Card parties at 9 facilities where 84 residents selected and sent cards to caregivers or lost loved ones. This powerful activity helped residents re-engage and revitalize the personal connections they yearn for. We also provided gifts and cookies to make the occasion even more special.
- Provided cards and gifts for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Veteran’s Day for 2 facilities.
- Bring Easter Baskets to isolated seniors which were distributed by Meals on Wheels. Included in the baskets were personal care items, books, games and food.
Our ability to continue providing lonely and isolated seniors with positive, social interactions and experiences is dependent on our volunteers and community of supporters who graciously donate their time and talents to our cause.
Short-term goal: to serve Manna Meals to more facilities.
Long-term goal: to increase our Angel Buddy program where Angels are paired with lonely residents.
Thank you for your interest and we hope you can help us bring more meaningful connections and smiles to lonely seniors. We welcome new members!
Diane Zell, President
SILVER ANGELS FOR THE ELDERLY, INC.
email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.