Silver Angels for the Elderly is focused on putting God’s love into action by giving hope, joy, and fellowship to isolated seniors. Our work began in 2015 and we became a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in October of 2018. We hope you too, will want to help show love to our lonely elderly who have given so much to their families, friends and community.
Below are some of the memorable experiences we have sponsored at local rehabilitation and assisted living facilities in Kootenai County. Through our benevolent work, we are able to:
- Celebrate monthly birthday parties where we provided personalized gifts, cards, balloons, and music to 182 residents.
- Create 17 reminisce boards that honor the memories of residents’ lives.
- Throw Christmas parties for 74 residents that featured Santa Claus, gifts to residents and caregivers, henna tattoos, photos, nail polish, carolers, knitted items, homemade cookies and games.
- Organize Christmas Card parties at 9 facilities where 84 residents selected and sent cards to caregivers or lost loved ones. This powerful activity helped residents re-engage and revitalize the personal connections they yearn for. We also provided gifts and homemade cookies to make the occasion even more special.
- Bring Easter Baskets to 25 isolated seniors which were distributed by Meals on Wheels. Included in the baskets were personal care items, books, games and food.
Our ability to continue providing lonely and isolated seniors with positive, social interactions and experiences is dependent on our volunteers and community of supporters who graciously donate their time and talents to our cause.
Short-term goal: to deliver personalized birthday gifts to more facilities.
Long-term goal: to open a welcoming Medicaid facility which is so desperately needed in Kootenai County.
Thank you for your interest and we hope you can help us bring more meaningful connections and smiles to lonely seniors. We welcome new members!
Please check out our latest fundraising event and opportunities for you to join in the fun as well as bless those in facilities.
Diane Zell, President
SILVER ANGELS FOR THE ELDERLY, INC.
A NEWLY ESTABLISHED LOCAL NONPROFIT
PO BOX 928 RATHDRUM, IDAHO 83858-0928
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Would you like to volunteer with the Silver Angels for the Elderly? Or make a contribution? Do you have a story to share about your own experiences with elderly friends and family members? We would love to hear from you.